What is ETFE?
ETFE is Ethylene and TFE
But what is ETFE? ETFE is a copolymer of ethylene and TFE. Combining these materials a plastic is created which is significantly tougher than the traditional Fluoroplastics like FEP and PFA. Therefore, ETFE is the material of choice in structures such as greenhouses, buildings and sports stadiums like the Allianz Stadium in Munich, the Eden Project in the UK and the Beijing Olympic swimming stadium.
- Very strong. Holds up to 400 times its own weight.
- The mechanical strength is substantially greater than FEP.
- Exceptional UV transmission.
- Withstands temperatures up to 150 ° C.
- Resistance to many chemicals.
- Light weight